Monday, October 18, 2010

That's My Girl

I guess I must be doing something right.

I overheard Pixie saying to her dad:

"They're homemade! Don't you just love homemade things?"

Of course she was talking about chocolate chip cookies and it's not humanly possible not to love warm, fresh out-of-the-oven cookie and some milk. But still, just hearing the "Don't you just love homemade things," made my heart swell.

That's my girl.

Here's the recipe I use. It's pretty much the standard recipe, nothing fancy, but delish, none the less.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks of butter
1C tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 bag o' chocolate chips

Mix butter and sugars together until fluffy. Mix in eggs until well beaten. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in vanilla. Add in chips and mix well.

Plop tablespoon size balls onto your cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.

Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks for leaving me one.