Monday, October 4, 2010

Growing Pains

Do you ever get to the point where you feel so overwhelmed. I took the weekend “off” from most of my GirlSunday business stuff, thinking I had a little buffer in time before I had to crank things up again before my next event. Then, this morning I got an email from a gal who is helping me sell my bags and she had a very busy selling weekend. I have my retail people begging me for more and I have that event looming. An event where there will be swarms of families, the same people who my bags are really targeted to.

I had one of those mini anxiety attacks where I realized I really do have A LOT of work to do. I have a daughter who wants to play, friends to hang out with and a husband who also wants some attention. There’s errands to run, shopping to do, laundry piling up, and a house that needs to be cleaned. I also have a day job and then my GirlSunday business. Augh.

My business has grown very quickly in the past couple of months and I feel like I’m really playing catch up on it. I easily handled the 2o MPH pace, but now I feel like I’m going 80 MPH and things are coming up on me a lot faster than I am use to. I run out of materials faster and find myself at a point where I can’t sew anything because I’m waiting for a shipment of something. I need to work out a system. I need to get a production schedule. I need to get a handle on things.

It’s a challenge and I like that. And like a lot of things that having meaning, it’s hard work.

With all that said, it’s still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some comments! Thanks for leaving me one.